Task 3: Political Bias of News Articles and News Media
The goal of the task is to detect political bias of news reporting at the
article and at the media level. This is an ordinal classification task and is
offered in English. It includes two subtasks:
- Subtask 3A: Given an article, classify its political leaning as left,
center or right.
- Subtask 3B: Given the URL to a news outlet (e.g., www.cnn.com), predict
the overall political bias of that news outlet as left, center or right leaning.
Currently under preparation.
This is an ordinal classification task. We use mean absolute error as the
official measure for both subtasks.
Will be available soon.
- Giovanni Da San Martino, University of Padova
- Preslav Nakov, Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence
- Firoj Alam, Qatar Computing
Research Institute, HBKU
- Rabindra Nath Nandi, BJIT Limited
- Dilshod Azizov, Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence
Please join on Slack channel for any queries:
Slack Channel (task3-political-bias):